News

For example if I had the equation for all the even numbers it is easily P and Np however if I increase the complexity of P beyond reasonable parameters ie greater than the size of the universe because the only limit on P is time whereas Np is upperlimited by the numbers of available atoms.

Simply looking at run-times doesn’t cut it. You cannot solve an equation that exceeds the time limit even if it is finite. buy a essay
Now put the two together. That is, all P problems are automatically NP (you can just re-solve the P problems to verify them). No P problem (or any computational problem for that matter) will be too slow to run for every input. (Even the halting problem can be practically solved for some small enough inputs.)P is defined as those decision problems that given an input of size n can be solved in time t(n), where ln(t(n)) is less than some constant for all n (roughly). Now some people will remember the practically zero setup costs ads by google which was a lie there is always a cost on anything you do time. The question is whether there are any NP problems that are not P problems.

It’s pretty trivial to see that if you’re given a P problem and a solution to it, you can just solve the problem and see if you get the same answer. Simply looking at run-times doesn’t cut it. Ie an upper fundimental maximum exists in physics which acts as a limiting factor to the upper complexity of P or Np. We can work out how long a program would take to run without having to actually run it.Also, you can’t write out the NP set.

Actually the problem lies in how you establish that particular subsets do or do not sum to zero without explicitly testing them. Both are infinite. Now that doesnt include the cost of the heat, the electricity etc that may come as a perk of your job. it doesnt matter since all P equations will wind up that way eventually as time decreases since its finite if any P equation takes too long to run then it cannot be verified and this limit changes constantly.

Fix the stupid IE only thing or no one is going to pay your site any attention. Increased levels of smog etc which lower life expectancies and cause damage to the localised environment. They’re sets of decision problems. Or the P set. For the more challenging case you have been given, it fails.

You have to establish that there is a shortcut to the brute force approach. That is where the problem lies, the program should not duplicate outputs. Originally Posted by lebrat The above requested size exceeds VM limit and out of memory error java heap size. These problems are not any one persons blame but they are easily verified can they be easily solved??

BTW, if you only want a yes/no output, it’s a pretty trivial change to the above program. (And as all P and NP problems are formulated as decision problems…)Actually, it’s fairly simple to check if it’s polynomial unless you have huge powers (which is rare). Take out the pointless browser restriction if you want anyone to pay it any attention.Edit: I should probably say that if you want your million dollars, you are going to need more than just my quick test. Tell me if P is the set of a problems that are solvable in polynomial time and NP is the set of problems verifiable in polynomial time.

The computer program takes large input now. 202 element sets will give you 31 milliseconds (ms) www.fofallthings.comIt is possible to eliminate many possible routes through this programming. We would here from the Clay Mathematics Institute. Originally Posted by KJW Originally Posted by lebrat Originally Posted by MagiMaster I’m pretty sure the Clay Institute would not care if your program duplicated outputs if it actually did what you imply it does. So how can all P automatically be Np?

Also if it takes me over half the time left in the universe to run P once. Now you could use another theory other than big bang theory but itd need to have a continuous universe. If you reach the limit of your java compiler you will get no result. For example, if you are given a four-element set: , then how do you fully check this without checking all 15 non-empty subsets?

Originally Posted by lebrat The subject of matter; the fact remain the same, this is the only computer program within a very short amount of time ever known to find such a subset that sum to zero. You have to establish that there is a shortcut to the brute force approach. I don’t believe you. All P and NP problems are decision problems. Is there a program that will not duplicate outputs?

If yes, direct me to any. That is, they ask a yes/no question and you must get the right answer back in the specified time limit no matter which answer that is.@lebrat, If your program can’t handle 30 inputs, then it can’t handle 202. The subject of matter; the fact remain the same, this is the only computer program within a very short amount of time ever known to find such a subset that sum to zero.

It’s only 30 elements, so if should be fairly fast, right? What output do you get? The above requested size exceeds VM limit and out of memory error java heap size. Or if these superstores open in small towns and charge tiny money for veg etc and the local farmers cant compete. For example, if you are given a four-element set: , then how do you fully check this without checking all 15 non-empty subsets?

Exactly… you are going to its knowledge base I think I get your point. Now if you could work for a year and earn say $45000 for that year and instead you learn android then your setup costs are at least $45000. We would here from the Clay Mathematics Institute. All you have to do to prove me wrong is prove that the big bang theory is incorrect and that the universe is infinite thats all. Neither does it include the cost of the loss of files in time when foreign spies play god with peoples livlihoods and delete your files etc.

Do you think you could ever write out every yes/no question? Time is always in finite supply you cannot solve a polynomial that takes longer time to implement than is reasonable. Maybe it can handle a few special cases, but not any random 202 element set.

Overproduce gases like carbon dioxide into the environment. The same doesn’t work in reverse as far as anyone’s been able to prove.I should mention that it also doesn’t whether a problem would take too long to run or not. Then it would be impossible to run the algorithm again because there wouldnt be time so therefore i couldnt verify it. It is possible to eliminate many possible routes through this programming and that is the most important thing we have done through algebraic geometric techniques.

For the simple cases you have solved so far, it works. It’s only 30 elements, so if should be fairly fast, right? What output do you get? NP problems are those that given a solution, can be verified in a similar amount of time. Time is always finite you cannot create more.

Sure you can trade time for resources but can you verify that time is an infinite resource? I doubt time is because if the universe is finite then so surely is time. How exactly do you just happen to bankrupt an entire city anyway? In principle a city manages and exports the primary production of its villages and town.

Therefore all P problems are NP. If you are indeed explicitly testing each subset, then your routine will run in exponential time and fail the requirements. P and NP are about how the time to run grows as the size of the input grows. For example if I had the equation for all the even numbers it is easily P and Np however if I increase the complexity of P beyond reasonable parameters ie greater than the size of the universe because the only limit on P is time whereas Np is upperlimited by the numbers of available atoms.

Actually the problem lies in how you establish that particular subsets do or do not sum to zero without explicitly testing them. Originally Posted by MagiMaster Fix the stupid IE only thing or no one is going to pay your site any attention. You know just before the next big bang youd have no time to run any algorithms in P or Np so they would both be empty sets. Lastly theres london which is in the process of over expanding ie they will outgrow the amount of food they can produce with increasing population. I just have to download the JNLP file to my computer first, but no big deal.

In that case, try timing random small sets versus the brute force approach. 4^20 is about 18 minutes while 2^4 is only a fraction of a second.)Anyway, if you’ve actually got anything, go ahead and send it in, but just posting “I have a solution” without posting the solution is useless. Seriously.BTW, try this set: {-1,2,4,8,16,32,64,128,256,512,1024,2048,4096,8192,1 6384,32768,65536,-131072,262144,-524288,1048576,2097152,4194304,-8388608,16777216,33554432,67108864,134217728,-268435456,-536870912,1073741824}. Take out the pointless browser restriction if you want anyone to pay it any attention.Edit: I should probably say that if you want your million dollars, you are going to need more than just my quick test. True i agree thing is how do I verify a solved problem if there is insufficient paper to write the Np set.

Conversely if I wrote an Np of such complexity as to make it impossible to write an equation in P to solve then there would be no possible P for that Np. Also there is a set of problems only verifiable in polynomial time therefore you draw two intersecting circles call one P and the other NP and it is neither equal or not because an intersection exists because you cannot defy the laws of physics. Really? You can’t figure out how to fix my simple program to not duplicate outputs?

Fine. Also, the even numbers are not P, but the question “Is n an even number?” is. And no, your website doesn’t cut it.Also, I run JNLP for the TopCoder app from Chrome. Then we can see if it truly does operate in polynomial time. It should also handle processing of the materials.

This is a theoretical computer science question (with lots of practical importance). The few exceptions to this are cities like Hong Kong which are dependant on imports because of their over expansion in their area which is a problem because the planet cannot sustain cities of that size. That is where the problem lies, the program should not duplicate outputs. @fiveworlds, P is a subset of NP.

I wonder if that is because the required resources are increasing exponentially rather than polynomially … thus invalidating your claim to have a polynomial solution (it is, in general, possible to trade-off time for resources but the exponential will get you in the end).BTW, are you willing to admit that it is your website / code yet? Which is really bad when small towns depend on a perticular computer company because they are out of work overnight and no jobs replace them. Code: #include #include using namespace std;bool solve(vector nums) { if(nums.size() == 0) return false; int sum = 0; for(int i = 0; i < nums.size(); ++i) sum += nums[i]; if(sum == 0) { for(int i = 0; i < nums.size(); ++i) cout << nums[i] << " "; cout << endl; return true; } int last = nums.back(); nums.pop_back(); for(int i = nums.size() - 1; i >= 0; –i) { bool b = solve(nums); if(b) return true; int temp = nums[i]; nums[i] = last; last = temp; } return false;}int main() { vector nums = {-2, -3, 15, 14, 7, -10}; if(!solve(nums)) cout << "No solutions." << endl; return 0;} Maybe you can describe to us how the algorithm works with a four-element set, one for which there is no subset that sums to zero.

If you are indeed explicitly testing each subset, then your routine will run in exponential time and fail the requirements. Seriously.BTW, try this set: {-1,2,4,8,16,32,64,128,256,512,1024,2048,4096,8192,1 6384,32768,65536,-131072,262144,-524288,1048576,2097152,4194304,-8388608,16777216,33554432,67108864,134217728,-268435456,-536870912,1073741824}. Nor do they accept responsibility when their tampering results in the loss of jobs or closure of companies. If you use big bang theory then you are always counting down to the next big bang.

With only 15 non-empty subsets to test, that should be quite easy to do. Since the problem only asks whether or not such a subset exists, here’s a version that outputs the first such set. Now not all P polynomials are verifiable ie the complexity of the problem exceeds the limits of Physics known.

Just plug in a large random set. 70^8 steps is about 160 hours at 1 GHz. 2^70 is about 37436 years at that speed. (8 is a relatively high power for most algorithms, but maybe your algorithm uses a higher exponent.

Leave a Reply

Scroll to top